Runway Inspiration for Holiday Hair
The holidays and New Year’s Eve are great moments to experiment with your hair. Try something new, but also try to keep it simple.
Redken Global Creative Director, Guido, created a funky but easy updo for the Spring/Summer 2016 Lanvin runway. Described as a “messy twist,” the look remains feminine and poised with the added bow. But, what’s really cool is that the hairstyle creates faux bangs! How interesting is that? And if you already have bangs (like I do), then just add volume. Here’s how to create Lanvin-inspired holiday hair:
- Start with dry, straight hair, ideally one day old.
- Apply Redken powder grip 03 mattifying hair powder to the roots for grip and added texture.
- Spray Redken triple take 32 extreme high-hold hairspray all over hair for a little extra grip and sheen.
- Use fingers to gather hair into a ponytail and twist up into a French twist, pinning at the crease with small hair pins.
- Lay the length of the ponytail across the top of the head so the ends lay across the forehead to create faux bangs.
- Crease a piece of ribbon and tie it into an imperfect bow, and then place it in the hair with a pin to slightly disguise the twist.
- Finish by spraying Redken triple take 32 extreme high-hold hairspray all over hair for extra hold.
For more information visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow them on Twitter, and Instagram.
Redken provided a product sample for review purposes.